Well as you are all aware Amelia has learned how to swim, now this will take a little more time for perfection, but she's got it pretty much down.
Well, she has decided to potty train herself now too!!! My niece Emilee has been recently potty trained, she and Amelia are approx 6 mos apart, well when Amelia saw the neat undies and pull ups Emilee was wearing she wanted them. One day about a week and 1/2 ago my sister Jamie thought it was time, so she put on big girl pants and did fine all day, when I got her home I tried to follow her routine, once an hour. She got her bath and we ate dinner, literally it was about 1 hour and maybe 4 minutes and I was just walking over to her to get her up and take her potty, and she said, "I have to go poop" (the same term Emilee uses for potty, no matter what), so I stopped washing the dishes and went to get her and it was too late, so I cleaned her up and put on a clean pair of undies, after I put her back on the potty to finish going. One hour later, that is the plan...okay it was 45 minutes and there was a puddle on the floor, it was like Kaylie all over, so I put the diaper back on her......I tried!!! So from them she has occasionally asked to go on the potty, and we have obliged, well last week I was talking to John and all of a sudden I heard someone in the bathroom, it was Amelia, diaper and pants on the floor....GOOD GIRL!!! So night before last I was on the phone arguing w/ Sirius radio and had the cell phone in my other ear trying to call John to get him involved and Kaylie was sitting at the table, and I heard someone going potty, it was Amelia again....she took off her diaper and pants and off she went......GREAT JOB!!!! So yesterday she had on big girl pants all day, and we went to dinner, so I put a pull up on her, and she did great, no accidents. Well if you recall Amelia still has the tent so I was okay w/ potty training her, but getting out of bed at night was not an option. Well last night was the night. At 7:30 this morning I was going to get Kaylie up and Amelia was yelling, I have to go potty!!! So I quick went in her room, and she already had her diaper off, but IT WAS DRY!!!! So I started to move even faster, and put her on the potty.....WOOHOO!!! BIG GIRL!!!! So now when we get home from camping on Sunday, we will be removing the tent and leaving her bed rail down until we can get her a 'big girl bed', wish me luck, I am not ready for more sleepless nights w/ miss I want to play all night long.
My Baby's not a baby anymore!!!!!
Well, she has decided to potty train herself now too!!! My niece Emilee has been recently potty trained, she and Amelia are approx 6 mos apart, well when Amelia saw the neat undies and pull ups Emilee was wearing she wanted them. One day about a week and 1/2 ago my sister Jamie thought it was time, so she put on big girl pants and did fine all day, when I got her home I tried to follow her routine, once an hour. She got her bath and we ate dinner, literally it was about 1 hour and maybe 4 minutes and I was just walking over to her to get her up and take her potty, and she said, "I have to go poop" (the same term Emilee uses for potty, no matter what), so I stopped washing the dishes and went to get her and it was too late, so I cleaned her up and put on a clean pair of undies, after I put her back on the potty to finish going. One hour later, that is the plan...okay it was 45 minutes and there was a puddle on the floor, it was like Kaylie all over, so I put the diaper back on her......I tried!!! So from them she has occasionally asked to go on the potty, and we have obliged, well last week I was talking to John and all of a sudden I heard someone in the bathroom, it was Amelia, diaper and pants on the floor....GOOD GIRL!!! So night before last I was on the phone arguing w/ Sirius radio and had the cell phone in my other ear trying to call John to get him involved and Kaylie was sitting at the table, and I heard someone going potty, it was Amelia again....she took off her diaper and pants and off she went......GREAT JOB!!!! So yesterday she had on big girl pants all day, and we went to dinner, so I put a pull up on her, and she did great, no accidents. Well if you recall Amelia still has the tent so I was okay w/ potty training her, but getting out of bed at night was not an option. Well last night was the night. At 7:30 this morning I was going to get Kaylie up and Amelia was yelling, I have to go potty!!! So I quick went in her room, and she already had her diaper off, but IT WAS DRY!!!! So I started to move even faster, and put her on the potty.....WOOHOO!!! BIG GIRL!!!! So now when we get home from camping on Sunday, we will be removing the tent and leaving her bed rail down until we can get her a 'big girl bed', wish me luck, I am not ready for more sleepless nights w/ miss I want to play all night long.
My Baby's not a baby anymore!!!!!

1 comment:
Great job! Now if I could just get Ryan trained. He's 3 years and 3 months and could absolutely careless if he's got wet and poopy underpants.
Post a Comment