Monday, April 20, 2009

3 Dinners down

So I decided on Saturday while grocery shopping that I had a hankering for fishsticks, and what goes better w/ fishsticks than french fries...so that is what we were going to have for dinner tonight, fishsticks, french fries and corn. Well Saturday when I got home I also decided we would have corned beef one day this week, so I took it out of the freezer and put it in the fridge to defrost. Yesterday afternoon I was sitting at my mom's house and decided I hadn't cooked spaghetti sauce for quite a while, so I talked w/ Kaylie and promised her spaghetti one day this week. So when I got home tonight, not only was I to cook tonight's dinner, but I had to make my spaghetti sauce and prepare the corned beef for the crock pot tomorrow am, peel all the potatoes clean off the corned beef and cut up the cabbage and place it all in the crockpot so that I can take it out tomorrow am and turn it on before I go to work..........there you have it 3 dinners down, and 2 nights of easy cooking!!!
I have been a bit m.i.a when it comes to blogging lately, I know I was complaining last week of not feeling well, but on top of all of this I was having issues w/ my eyes. Well on Friday I left work early because I just couldn't take it anymore, and on my way home just as I was heading over the bridge a light bulb went on...........one of my employees on Wednesday brought me a pretty surprise, she came in w/ a blossom from her orange tree, well the scent was so strong I took it and put it on the receptionist's desk, because the scent was too strong....well as it turns out, the light bulb....I was allergic to the freaking orange tree blossom...I called the receptionist immediately and asked her if she was all stuffed up before she came to work on Friday or did it happen when she got there, she said it happened when she arrived at work..turns out she was having an allergic reaction too...I told her to throw it away immediately, as she fought w/ the plant to get it out of the vase, her eyes started watering more and became very itchy!!! OH MY GOODNESS....it took me three days of misery to figure this out!!! Thank goodness I did figure it out, or I would have been suffering again today w/ no explanation as to why. Good thing, I sometimes have light bulb moments............. ;o)
I also know I have been telling you about Amelia's constipation issues....I think we have found a cure, PEAR juice....we found them in drink box form on Saturday at Walmart, they were in the Spanish section (in case someone else may need to find them), 3 drink boxes for $.88, and viola, poop, 3 days in a row now!!!!! WOOHOO!!!! Saturday am, she went on her own, I was so proud, but this was on day 4 of non-pooping, but then Sunday am, she had 1/2 a drink box and success Sunday evening, and this am a full drink box, and bam...11 am! Never thought I'd be so proud to say ''AMELIA POOPED" and I am happy!!!!! Does this fall under the TMI category???
And for my goodbye, I give you a rose...
---{-----@
Saw this on the aol homepage, thought it was cute.

2 comments:

Denise Grover Swank said...

And I was proud of myself because I've cooked a decent dinner 2 nights in a row! You go girl!

Who knew Orange blossoms could be so deadly??? Oh my goodness!

Trace had an issue with constipation when he was 3. It was a nightmare. He loved raisins so I would chop up prunes and hide them in his raisins, although it was always wasted effort. If I had only known about pear juice!

Doug and Terrye said...

Oh, I love grits with my fish sticks. But that's what comes from being raised in the south ;)

Terrye in FL