Friday, October 24, 2008

Last ditch effort...............

Well, I am taking the advice of two people and purchasing the tent for Amelia's bed today. I found it on OneStepAhead.com for $70, but I called the consignment shop I usually deal w/ and they have a brand new one in the box for $35, so I figure it is worth a shot. Last night I thought I heard Amelia get out of bed around 2:30 am and I went in her room and she was sound asleep, I was going to try the super nanny method as suggested by my friend Julie and just put her back in bed and tell her to stay there and that dark means night night, 2X and then just keep putting her back in her bed, but then I heard nothing all night. At 6:00 am when John got up to leave for work he went in the kitchen and turned on the light on the refridgerator as he always does and she scared the crap out of him, she was standing in the living room next to my chair, he put her back in bed and left...I never heard another sound.............so when I went in her room when I got up to take my shower, I found out why, she not only turned off the monitor, but unplugged the power cord as well, she had found the only remaining wipes in her room, needless to say they are no longer any good, and emptied some of her shoes on the floor, not to mention all the stuffed animals from her bed, her blanket and of course the numerous books all over the floor, had the camera not been in the car I would have taken a photo. So tonight is the test.....will the tent work.....say a prayer for me.

No comments: