Friday, November 13, 2009

Growing Pains

Kaylie has had leg pain at night for years now, and this week I took her to the Dr.
See last year I had a friend tell me that her son had leg pain and they finally determined that he had a potassium deficiency, and advised me to give her banana's everyday. So during the summer we had a banana a day and things seemed to get a little better, but once school started it became harder and harder to incorporate the bananas into her diet, as she didn't want to give up other snacks. Well almost 2 weeks ago, a dear highschool friend of mine went into cardiac arrest in front of her two children,....turns out she has a genetic condition that drained all the potassium out of her system. As of today, she is still in a coma and not doing well.....please pray for Lisa and her family in this very hard time. I am hoping she will be our first Christmas miracle....but back to my story. So I started thinking, I don't know anything about Kaylie's past or genetics, so on Monday I made an appt for her to see the dr, honestly I think she pulled a muscle in her leg this time, but I also needed to speak to him about her allergy problem. So when I went in I told the Dr my entire story and how I was worried this could be Kaylie's problem, because "growing pains" just wasn't going to cut it anymore, let's face it, the kid really doesn't grow....LOL. Well, I left the Dr's office on Monday afternoon in a total panic, having to take Kaylie for an xray the next day to check for BONE CANCER...........oh my!!! Just what I needed another night of panic and no sleep after everything else that has been going on. So Mon came and went, and here we are Tues morning, let's go to Radiology Regional.....we went in and of course we waited, and waited and waited for what seemed like hours, and finally our turn. I get in there w/ her and the tech wants to be sure I want to do all these xrays on my little girl as she is young, and they worry about her bones growing and her ovaries w/ all the radiation that will be happening, but it's cancer, I have no choice but to follow through. They take all the xray's and then they sit us in the 'hospitality' room to wait....okay this totally freaked me out, because the woman that checked us in told me they would not let me leave if they saw anything, and would put us in the 'hospitality' room to wait for the radiologist to call my Dr and to talk to me. OH MY GOD!!!!!! FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!! So we waited and waited and waited what seemed like an eternity, but was realistically only like 10 minutes and a girl walks up and asks for me, and says this is the DR??? WHY DO I NEED TO TALK TO THE DR???????????? So he came around the corner and told me everything was fine......and to act surprised when Kaylie's Dr calls me w/ the news. WOW, THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!!!! Well, as of today I still haven't heard back from her DR, but that's okay, because all is clear, and Kaylie, well she got to see a picture of her bones and was so excited to learn that having an xray doesn't hurt like it did Patrick on a Spongebob cartoon!!!!
Now I get to worry about the radiation that she got from the xrays.........it never ends, does it???

1 comment:

James, Dawn and Family said...

Hi there! It was nice meeting your family sat. Dawn