So when we were in Disney, we had a couple of those moments that you probably had to see to appreciate the humor, but I'll try.
When we were in Disney we got seperated at the end of the night, but Amy and I were going to head to the car w/ the babies, this was a story in itself. See when in Disney you have to either take the monorail or the ferry to get back to the tram to get to your car, ughh....so Amy and I are pushing the babies to the monorail, and let me tell you they gained probably about 30 lbs each or felt like they did when we were trucking our butt all the way up the monorail ramp, so we did it, made it to the top, huffing and puffing....we got in line and waited, and waited and waited. Eventually the workers up top said 'we don't know how long it's going to be', man...so back down the hill we went, and we decided to just take the ferry, well we couldn't find the darn entrance, so we eventually decided to just go around and up the other ramp to the other side for the monorail, at this point we looked up towards the park and our family was exiting and we told them to follow us, now it took about 10 minutes but we finally all made it back up the ramp. As soon as we got to the top of the ramp, the other monorail was running normally. So we get on the monorail and everyone is hysterically laughing, and Amy and I said, what are you laughing at. Well, when we got seperated I gave my mother my cell phone in case someone tried to find her, and she just put it in her back pocket. Well, my cellphone has a vibe then ring feature that I leave it on, I have often jumped out of my seat when my cell phone rang because the vibration is quite strong. So Jamie was trying to find my mother at the exit of the park and decided to call my cell phone, just then she spotted her across the way...well my phone had already started to ring in her back pocket, now mind you my mother doesn't have the best of hearing, but all of a sudden she jumped because my phone started vibrating, picture if you could someone trying to run away from their own behind, and she stood there for a minute w/ her hand in the air, wondering if she should touch it, because she had no idea what had just happened to her. At that point they were all hysterical laughing at her, now on the monorail hearing this story Amy and I and everyone else again was in tears just imaging this entire scene. In fact I am still laughing as I type this.
The other 'had to be there' story is about John, as I stated when we travel it is usually in groups of 14 or more, so we brought our air mattress and were in a one bedroom condo, well John and I slept on the air mattress in the living room, this required that we put the kitchen table and chairs on the lanai, well what is usually above a table, a chandelier. I was laying in bed, trying to keep repeating to myself to tell John to watch the chandelier, well you guessed it, I was too late. He went to do something next to the bed and kablam....head in chandelier, down on the floor he goes, and at this point I am laughing hysterically and then my sister Michele came out of her room and said 'what's wrong, what'd you do', cause let's just say those dirty words were exiting his mouth again, and she then stopped the chandelier from swinging through the air, she went in the bathroom w/ him and he had this huge 'target' as she called it right in the middle of his forhead. So this of course took a while to recover from. It was then the middle of the night and I don't recall why he got up again, but he did it again, smack kablam and down to the floor...I of course woke out of a sound sleep to laugh at him hysterically again. In the morning he got up early to go to the race track well he came over to the bed to kiss me goodbye and there he was hovering over the bed, and he swung his head around and just missed the chandelier once again, and said 'oh hell no' and he stared at the chandelier.
We often get a good few laughs at the expense of others, but after all it's family and if you can't laugh at their downfalls, who can you laugh at.

2 comments:
OMG, the story about your mom is just too funny! Trish
That's hilarious...guess we didn't have to be there to appreciate it because you told it well :)
Terrye in FL
Post a Comment