Back in October 1991, I packed up my worldly posessions to leave Danbury CT w/ my Dad in their red minivan for the treck across several states to move to sunny Florida. At the time I was in college and became one of the statistics when I decided I couldn't take it anymore, I missed my family and I hated to 'read' about accounting, I wanted to do, I am a numbers person, never have been a 'reader'. So we traveled and arrived in beautiful Cape Coral, FL. The palm trees, so pretty, the buildings all pastel in color made everything look so clean, the people, old farts they may be, but so much nicer than I was used to. I swore at that point I'd never go back...but what would I miss, of course my friends, and ultimately the seasons changing. My favorite time of the year, Autumn, love the cooler weather the leaves cracklin all of it. But I soon came to find out that there was a seasonal change here in Florida, so I was okay. But that changed, some years we are sweating on Christmas and some years we are freezing, I am going to assume all signs of global warming, but I hate it....I don't like to be hot all the time and would move back in a heartbeat, almost 17 years later. I miss the actual season change, I miss the snow, I miss it all...but that will however, never happen, I could never leave my entire family, that would kill them and it would kill me too, I like living close and being a close family and having my kids around them and their kids around me...so now that that is settled, let's talk about the weather. I love it when it's cold here, the 50's or 60's, I can put on my jeans or sweatpants and sweatshirt and I am a happy girl, it bothers most Floridians, but let's face it, I'm not a normal Floridian. But this morning it was in the 30's...yes you read that right the 30's, now again I love the cold, but not the bone chillin, wind blowin cold....if I had to put up w/ the 30 degree weather, the least I could be graced w/ is some snow....would love for that to happen, it would make me, Kaylie and my nephews so happy!!!! (Again, tell any other Floridian I said this and I will deny it) Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 20's.................yeah, I miss living in CT, but this, this is a little crazy! If I could stay home and not work, it would be just fine...but lates face it, if you all recall, I did not win the lottery..so that's not an option! Good thing we all still have winter jackets.
12 years ago

1 comment:
The cold does feel good though! I didn't know you were from CT, I was born in Hartford! Trish
Post a Comment