Monday, November 3, 2008

I've been tagged



So, Denise at http://www.theresalwaysroomforonemore.com/ tagged me. I don't have 7 people to tag myself...but I thought I'd respond anyway, so here it goes, 7 things people may not know about me:




#1) I love kids teen movies, books etc....I am not a real reader, but I love to watch those silly teen movies....of course the romantic comedies are my favorite. I.E. A Cinderella Story. I also love musical movies etc, Footloose, Grease, Dirty Dancing (saw that 7 times in the theater, literally) and recently added The American Mall.

#2) I am somewhat of a routine freak....during the week, I don't like to break the routine: come home from work, pick up the girls, give them a bath, cook dinner, clean from dinner, help Kaylie w/ her homework and whatever else needs to be done and sit and relax.....by relax I mean sit down and listen to/watch Spongebob, iCarly, Drake and Josh etc...while I type on the computer....at least that stupid show Fairly Odd Parents isn't on at this hour. I tell you, I remember cartoons being so much better when I was little. John is not home during dinner, so this is mine and the girls bonding time....it's almost always just us for dinner, by the time John gets home he puts away the clean dishes, picks up the few toys in the living room and puts the girls to bed, this is his bonding time w/ them.
#3) 2009 has been a very rough year for our family. Not to mention the obvious economy issues we are all having, I have been having some really suprising family issues, 2 of my sisters are getting divorced, both w/in 3 months of one another, all the things that lead up to these divorces were very shocking to all of us, let's just say it was a rough 3 months, so rough that my dad ended up in the hospital having chest pains due to all the stress. If I had gone into the Big Brother house or something and came out to hear all the things that have gone on in my family in the past 5 months or so, I'd never believe them. Come on 2010!!! It's got to get better.

#4) Speaking of Big Brother, I love reality shows.....Big Brother, Survivor, The Amazing Race etc, I love them all....that is what I do to relax, I watch TV, I am terrible, I don't want to be bothered when I am watching my shows....I have a weekly schedule that I try to watch all my shows, and if I don't I DVR them to watch them later. I don't drink, I don't smoke,...I watch TV. My name is Lorie, and I am a TV addict.

#5) Speaking of reality TV shows, I am someone that should absolutely try out for The Biggest Loser, no doubt....but I sit in my chair watching the show while having a snack...yes I am that person. I definately don't need to be doing that seeing as how 2 months (Sept 2003) before we adopted our first child I had gastric bypass surgery, I weighed 320 lbs before my surgery....so the last thing I need to be doing is eating while watching a weight loss show. I hate to excercise, but desperately need to go on a diet again. I have never been skinny, even after my surgery, I was only about a size 14 or 16, but this made me very happy, I was okay w/ this. I honestly think people who were skinny when they were younger and heavy at an older age have it worse than me, I've never been skinny, so I don't really know what I am missing. Moral of the story....I need to lose about 30+lbs to get back to my happy weight.

#6) I admire all those stay at home mom's. But not because I am jealous of them, don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY CHILDREN, but I need some time away.....I have to go to work, because there are times I just can't handle it....the noise, the hyper activity, the screaming, the whining......I thank god for my sisters that watch my children during the day when I work and I think anyone that stays home all day w/ their children deserves a medal!!!!!!! You are wonderful.

#7) I sometimes wish God would just send me an email, to let me know what he is thinking, like for example my Grandmother, she lives in the nursing home literally up the road from my house, she is a shell....her body is healthy, but her mind is gone, I don't understand, why does he let someone like that live. She brings no one pleasure and no one can bring her pleasure, from what we gather. I used to think Dr. Kovorkian was crazy...but these are the times when I think he may have a point. If my Gram knew she was living like this, she would not be happy. I of course do not want to lose my Grandmother, she's my Gram, I just don't understand. I have also waited for the email as to why 09 has been the way it has been, I just pray that he has better plans for our 2010. Heck I don't think it can get any worse.

#8) I have always wanted to be a singer.....I have been told I am quite good, I have been on TV twice, on stage at the baseball stadium in Ft. Myers years ago, in karaoke contests, never came in first place, but I think that's because I sing the songs that are kind of slow, i.e. The Rose by Barbara Streisand....not to mention all the weight back then didn't help either. My favorite song to sing currently is Last Dance by Diana Ross,....hadn't started singing those when I was in all those contests years ago. If there is karaoke, I am going to sing....but it's not that easy to find karaoke when I am sitting home w/ two little girls...but they do it a couple times a year at the campground, so I always sing there.....in fact the DJ kind of favors me and the drunks I mean people complain, cause they think they can sing....haha


Like I said, I don't really have 7 blogger buddies to tag, so I will save that for another day, as the 3 buddies I have, have already been tagged.....so I thought I'd give you 8 things about me instead.....

No comments: