After 5 years 2 days after coming home w/ Kaylie to American soil, it happened. All these years of raising her, taking care of her, feeding her, it finally happened.....I had help decorating the Christmas tree, and not the kind of help where I had to follow her every move and remove and replace what she did....you may even notice, there are ornaments on the BOTTOM of the tree too..........pretty cool huh. It has been a long couple days and we are still not done, John and I just finished the inside of our house...I couldn't help too much, yesterday I started to feel a stiffness in my neck and I woke up at 4 am this morning and could not lift my left arm w/ out crying out...he had to get up and get me some tylenol to help w/ the pain and then I tried to go back to sleep, once I finally got up, I was not moving hardly at all, I could not lift my left arm or move it away from my body w/ out it pulling the muscle in pain. I took a muscle relaxer and I have a little more movement, but heaven forbid I try to look UP. So our house is now more cluttered because we like to put the Christmas tree in front of the big window in the front of the house, where the couch usually goes, and it is now in the middle between the dining area and the living room and w/ a dog cage this year there is not much room to move....but it is all worth it, just to see Amelia's face when we light up the decorations and to hear her say Christmas Tree, I can't even try to spell for you the way she says it. This evening and tomorrow John will start and finish the outside of our house, and then next weekend we are off to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, can't wait. All for a month, but still worth every ounce of work. I will post some photos this week, we are going this afternoon to try, again, to get some photos of the kids for Christmas cards and I want to take some of them in front of the tree.........wait till you see mom's outside and tree.
12 years ago

1 comment:
gee... now I wish we were putting up our decorations! LOL... but since we are going away, I told Tommy he gets a break this year... maybe next year Rachel will want to help too!
Hope your neck feels better! and happy belated turkey day!!! it's been nutsy cookoo around here too... between thanksgiving & the little dumplings first birthday!!! talk to you soon!!!
Post a Comment