Since Kaylie was little we have always had 'snuggle bunny' night on Friday's. This meant that Kaylie would get in my bed on Friday nights before Daddy went to bed and would snuggle w/ mommy. This however has changed over time, now Kaylie gets in bed with mommy still on Friday nights, but lays on Daddy's pillow no where near mommy and wants to go to sleep there, or at least be in there after the TV is off before Daddy takes her into her own bed. Now if this doesn't happen there are tears involved, and heaven forbid if Daddy wants to lay w/ us, that is just not allowed and therefore not 'snuggle bunny' time.
So last night I went to lay in bed a little after 9pm and was watching TV and I heard Amelia on the monitor crying, just crying my name, like she didn't feel well. So I went and got her and let her lay w/ me until Daddy came home, he watches '24' w/ my Dad on Monday nights. Well we were laying in bed and I turned off the TV around 10pm, until then she was laying right next to me on my arm, but I don't like anything 'on top or touching' me when I am sleeping because I sweat, so I pushed her over a little to lay next to me, but not touching me, this lasted about 20 seconds and there she was in the pitch dark feeling around looking for me, and she nuzzled her way back on my pillow w/ her head on my shoulder and my arm around her. She is such a snuggler when she wants to be. Now that's what I call snuggle bunny.
Update on my Dad: My Dad was finally able to come home late Sunday evening. He is feeling a little better, but has a soar hiney from sitting in the hard chair at the hospital for a week. I did not ask him how he was feeling this am when I delivered his coffee, but he did remark that he was hoping I wouldn't forget his coffee this am, so I am going to assume he still is not sleeping too well.
Update on friend of the family: She had her masectomy yesterday, but they did not like what they saw when they were there, they found two more hard lumps deep down, they removed them and we will find out on Wednesday what they are, please keep her in your prayers.

2 comments:
Ah, that's so sweet. I'm the same way though, I really don't want my kids all over me while I'm sleeping. Just puppies across my neck.
Yeah, that's even worse...they have FUR........
Post a Comment